SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 12 August 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Sooty Shearwaters x 16 flew past Sumburgh Head.
 
 
Norfolk has been 33 degrees today and Lucy said it was 'boiling', as did Hilary when I had a lovely catch up with her this evening. Here in Shetland its been 13 degrees, strong SE 40mph winds and rain all day! 😂 Better weather tomorrow though – 15 degrees and no rain. Mist first thing and SE winds, means birders (not working) may find the first Autumn migrants tomorrow!

Just put my two flat packed 6ft desks together, far easier and much quicker than I expected. You build it face down and the only tricky bit is turning it over by yourself, when it recommends two people?! 😉 💪 😆
 
It took far longer to decide where the desks were going to be positioned, than it did to put them together! I moved them round in L shapes and several different combinations so many times and this final place is the only thing that will work. It means that I can store bigger stuff eg my large art portfolios behind the far desk and you can't really see it when you walk in the room. I am quite good at making space work in a small room. I have it all mapped out and the next job is to choose and order the shelving for the back wall.
 
A Rointe Belize wifi radiator is going between the two windows on Thursday night.
 
 
Along the far back wall (pic above) I will be putting white bookcases/storage unit. I bought these desks from Norwich Offices Supplies before I left Norfolk, on hindsight I should have purchased two 5ft desks rather than 6ft, but hey ho! You can never have too much desk space.
 

3 comments:

  1. it was not 33 in norfolk the highest its been this year is 27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 33 degrees in King's Lynn, I know lots of people there and today (Tuesday) it was 26 degrees. Temperatures vary all over the county, generally cooler on the coast, but not always.

      Delete
    2. It was 33 degrees in West Norfolk!

      Delete