SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 15 August 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Lesser Grey Shrike on wires near blue house at Channerwick.
Balearic Shearwater flew past Sumburgh Head.
Sooty Shearwaters x 11+ flew past Sumburgh Head.
Common Rosefinch male reported (possible) at St Ninians Isle.
 
 
My electrician installed my Rointe Belize radiator for me at 5pm this evening and very kindly (which I hadn't expected) help me set up the App and switched it on – looks very smart! Plumber also came round to discuss (again) my boiler situation. Its ok not having any hot water, but won't be so good once the colder weather hits, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

I discovered I have a very long fine scatch on the passenger side of my car – its not accidental, far too long and fine a line for a typical supermarket chip, dent etc – looks like its been keyed, which IF this is the case, its very sad and not something I ever expected to happen here in Shetland. It looks like it will T-cut out, so no major issues, but such a pity when I have only had the car since mid April and with a 5 year loan out on the car, I was hoping it would be a while before it had any scratches, oh well at the end of the day its only a box of metal that gets you from A to B.

Its going to be a laborious weekend of painting again, but I'm determined to get some birding in somewhere, as really missing being out amongst nature and also bumping into all the lovely local Shetland birders. The Lesser Grey Shrike is still around and Autumn birding is kicking off. Vivien and Ray are currently in Bath with their narrow boat and seem to be having a grand time on their second Summer cruise. Lovely weather here again today, but fairly strong winds and a mix of rain and sun over the next three days, sadly not with east winds though!

No comments:

Post a Comment