SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 2 August 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Quail singing at Bakkasetter.
Turtle Dove at Gutcher crossroads, Yell.
 

I managed to scrape off the midges with a small brush, before painting the second coat this afternoon. It takes two and a half hours to paint the two window frames and after putting the second coat on, it looks like I may have to do a third coat!

Its been a mixed day of weather here, sun, cloudy and a fresh wind, which was nice. Vivien said she was so hot that she was close to moving up here with me! Vivien and Ray are on their Summer tour on their narrow boat and currently in Bradford-on-Avon.

Got some Anthisan Cream from Scalloway chemist and some Numark Insect Repellent Spray until my Avon Skin So Soft Spray arrives next week. Its the Scalloway Regatta tomorrow. Yesterday a fisherman spotted a Bluefin Tuna in the harvour at East Voe, Scalloway!

I won my biggest win on the Premium Bonds yesterday, which was very exciting, plus I had a phone call from OVO today to say they have written off my five week bill when I first moved here, because of the amount of time that their system wasn't able to calculate my bill!!! Result! 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment