SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 11 August 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Saturday 10th August

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Curlew Sandpiper at Pool of Virkie.
Sooty Shearwaters x 4 flew past Esha Ness.
 
 
Went to A1 Flooring in Lerwick to pay for and order my new Duette black out blinds in "Cashew" for the office/studio and "Tumblestone" for the bathroom and to pay for the underlay and fitting of the rest of my carpet going in the corridor, that leads to all rooms – carpet fitting date and blind fitting on 6th September. This means I have to paint the walls and ceiling in corridor and in the bathroom before that date!
 
I then went for a browse in Odie's Antique shop, which is always fascinating and bought three books:


My house is in this book!
 
 
More shopping: bought a new watch strap, ordered some cosy Winter slippers from Beggs Shoe Shop, nipped into Lerwick DIY for more painting stuff. Went to look in the Tourist Information Centre and chat to the lovely staff in there about it being closed down, which is totally insane, more on that on my next post. Went into The Shetland Times book shop and bought the following:


Enjoyed watching the Olympics today and then FINALLY, I finished painting my studio/office this evening! Its taken forever to complete, just the blinds to go up and then tomorrow I am going to attempt to put my two flat packed desks together – then I can start moving stuff in there. I will put some pictures up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Superb collection of books.... and close down a tourist office... ridiculous.
    Ours goes "part-time" in winter, but is fully open from May the Oneth until mid-September....
    BUT the swimming pool closes every year at the end of August, whether or not there is still a heatwave!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete