SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 19 August 2024

Lesser Grey Shrike at Brune!

LESSER GREY SHRIKE
Sunday 18th August – Brune, Channerwick, Shetland

 

Very difficult to photograph in the wind and even had to use my monopod, which I very rarely use, as normally have a steady hand. So not very good shots and none are sharp, but lovely to watch and I was all by myself! When I realised where one of its favourite feeding spots was, I sat in a ditch waiting for it to appear, but of course it didn't return after that. I was probably the last birder in Shetland to see this cracking male Lesser Grey Shrike. I have seen them before in Norfolk, but this was a new bird in Shetland for me.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty little bird... prettier than the Gertgrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, those pictures look very sharp
    Puts my efforts tosshame.

    ReplyDelete