SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 21 March 2020

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

The above property was linked on Facebook this evening, I just couldn't stop myself from replying! It is up for sale at £500,000. Not the owners fault at all I hasten to add. I'm almost certain that my comment will be removed and I will be blocked, which is why I took a little screenshot! Yes, I'm in an angry mood right now. We don't need and can't copy with ANYMORE second home owners here! The hospitals and surgeries can't cope, the beaches can't cope, the roads can't cope, nature can't cope and all the dog bins can't cope! I could go on......

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree. Even if we didn't have to contend with the virus and all it consequences, I don't agree with second homes - it destroys communities and prevents local people from being able to live locally when they need to find a home. Not good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Penny! My sentiments exactly. I wasn't born here, but I DO live here permanently and not in a second home. I think second homeownership should be banned, one house is enough for anybody.

    ReplyDelete