SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 27 March 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 4 – COVID-19

Coronavirus: Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive along with
England's Health Secretary Matt Hancock said he had also tested positive while England's Chief Medical Officer, Prof Chris Whitty, has shown symptoms.

Hospital bosses braced for coronavirus cases peak in third week of April

Coronavirus: How new police powers will affect you and your family

Confirmed coronavirus cases rise to 22 at QEH

Five remain in critical care with Covid-19 at King's Lynn hospital

Coronavirus: More than 900 deaths in a day in Italy

Rise of 181 deaths – the biggest day-on-day rise in UK

I had my last holiday for the NHS holiday year, which ends on 31st March and used my last half day, finishing at 12.15pm, but left later than that, as ran over writing patient notes. The hospital is being rearranged to accommodate Covid-19 patients, as I'm sure every hospital in the UK is – that is all I can say – its very, very scary, as its not even hit us yet!

Spent part of the afternoon getting a few more important supplies, including trying to get loo roll and yeast for two work colleagues (failed with both), something for Lucy (classed as a vulnerable adult now) and dropped her supplies (each one wiped over thoroughly with a Dettol wipe) off outside the porch of where she lives, for her to pick up whilst I stood about 10ft from her. Lucy is not coping with this situation well at all. Vivien is okish with Ray on their little narrow boat! Beautiful sunny day, but biting north easterly wind.

Collapsed on the sofa at home and had late lunch of cheese on toast, whilst watching two Robins and a Blackbird in my garden. I have more than enough to do in my house and garden this weekend without leaving the house at all for my daily exercise allowed walk, but I will go out once, maybe tomorrow as the weather looks pants on Sunday. I don't think it will be long before we won't be allowed out at all, except for one supermarket shop a week to be honest. Whilst the numbers of deaths and confirmed cases keeps catapulting, the lock down will get stricter. On a lighter note, below is a screenshot of something I tweeted this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment