SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 4 March 2020

EXAMPLE GIG, LCR, UEA, NORWICH!!!


"Changed The Way You Kiss Me"
One of his best known tunes

"Stay Awake"
"All The Wrong Places"

"Perfect Replacement"

"Kickstarts"

 "One More Day (Stay with Me)"

"Midnight Run"


"Sun Hits Your Eyes"
Just out


I booked this gig last October. I have wanted to go and see "EXAMPLE" for many, many years. I have been following Elliot John Gleave, better known by his stage name "EXAMPLE" for a long time – his name arose due to his initials being 'E.G.', which is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase 'exempli gratia'. Born in London, he now lives in Brisbane, Australia with his model wife Erin McNaught who features in several of his videos (see above "Sun Hits Your Eyes").

I have been following him since he began and have all his albums – he is a musician, singer, songwriter and record producer. He has a very distinctive voice and there is no one else like him – brilliant rapper and knows how to get the fans going crazy on the dancefloor!!!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B84O0rAgEVM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

THE GIG!
Took me forever to get there and the sat nav took me the hospital! It took me another 20 minutes with stopping to ask people to actually find the UEA and then I parked in the wrong car park. I eventually found the nearest car park and sat in the car to chill for a bit, have a drink and my pre-made sandwich! It was raining steadily and had been for a while – every girl's nightmare when you've spend so long getting ready and I had spent ages doing my hair – there was no way I was getting it wet, so I walked from the car to join the massive queue with a torn dustbin bag over my head – it was brilliant and several young girls envied my make shift umbrella and stated that they wished they had thought of that! The doors opened at 7.30pm. I stood at the top of the steps (that go down to the dance floor), slightly right of the stage. At around 8.45pm, I was desperate to go to the loo, so had to leave and returned to find (as I expected) someone had jumped in my brilliant spot – but I managed to squeeze in a bit later!

Wow! What a fantastic night – the atmosphere was incredible. DJ Wire was one hell of a DJ – he got the crowd going big time, before HAYLA came on – wow, what a voice and sang her new tune "NAKED"!. Example came on at 9.30am and rocked the LCR until 11pm, ending with "Changed The Way You Kissed Me". He was brilliant to watch and has boundless energy! The majority of people were far younger than me and were drinking and dancing like devils possessed. I was pleased to see I wasn't the only older person there! Took lots of video and pictures. Bought a black Example hoodie as I was leaving. The traffic getting out of the car park was crazy, so I didn't bother going anywhere for a while. Eventually arrived home at 12.30am.
Latest single 'Sun Hits Your Eyes' performed live at the LCR, UEA tonight 
© Penny Clarke

The finale!
© Penny Clarke

Looking at Instagram when I got home, I discovered that ED SHEERAN was only standing on the edge of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Here is a screenshot of him etc:


https://twitter.com/example/status/1235642960903049219

MORE VIDEOS & PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment