SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 5 April 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 13 – COVID-19

I have stayed in the entire weekend and not been on any 'daily walks' – couldn't see the point as not the same as birding on the coast, not the same at all, plus I'm in a very depressive mood. Its very difficult reading about all the migrants turning up on the coast and people's birding accounts in rural areas, very difficult indeed. I still haven't heard a Chiffchaff, never mind anything else. My only consolation is that my garden is quite busy with birds, which includes Blackbirds, Robins, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Hedge Sparrow, Collared Dove, Wood Pigeon, Starlings and House Sparrows – all enjoying my selection of bird food and daily cleaned out bird baths.

I attempted to sit outside to eat my lunch, but it was too hot! Late afternoon, I forced myself to start removing elder from the back of my garden, which I should have done long ago – I have a brilliant bow saw, which cuts through most things with ease, so it was a fairly easy task. I didn't get very far though – its going to be a long job. My fencing is all dodgy too, but hoping I don't have to replace this before I move. I didn't see any hirundines from my back garden, only gulls flying over. Bees and Hoverflies were in the garden and one Brimstone Butterfly seen briefly.

Lots of news on social media of people AGAIN not following the rules, including day trippers, people not social distancing, second home owners still arriving in Norfolk, people driving for walks and parking in car parks that have signs up to say they are closed (obviously some people are either pretty thick, can't read or don't care), not only in Norfolk, but all over the UK. We obviously need total lockdown to make things black and white for those that only have half a brain cell.

Queen tells UK 'we will succeed' in fight

PM admitted to hospital over virus symptoms

Scotland's chief medical officer resigns over lockdown trip

Positive coronavirus patients at QEH rises to 71  this is dated 3rd April, so presumably higher numbers now

Five more coronavirus deaths at Norfolk hospitals

Outdoor exercise may be banned if people keep ignoring lockdown rules, says health secretary

A Tiger at the Bronx Zoo Has Tested Positive for Coronavirus

No comments:

Post a Comment