SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 1 April 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 9 – COVID-19

I went to my local supermarket this evening, to buy a few essentials, plus two massive boxes of chocolates for a very kind person in the ENT team at the QEH – I can't say who, why etc, but lets just say this person went way beyond the call of duty – I will deliver the chocolates tomorrow. Several people in the supermarket were wearing masks and gloves and I felt more at risk here, than I do in the hospital to be honest! I managed to find boxes of yeast, which a member of staff had just put on the shelves at 9.50pm – 10 minutes before closing! Very pleased that I was able to get Bev (from work) a box of yeast for her breadmaking. I also bought the team a luxury treat for lunchtime tomorrow!

Everything is so weird now. I find myself not shaking hands with patients I meet anymore and this is not normal at all for me or indeed for any of us. We are distancing ourselves from everyone. We can't even have hugs in our team, its all very difficult at times. So now we have air hugs! Sounds odd but we put our arms out as if to hug someone, but don't – makes us smile when we do this, it will have to make do for now!

UK coronavirus death toll rises by 563 to 2,352 in biggest daily jump yet

Seven coronavirus deaths sees Norfolk total rise to 25

Coronavirus cases in Norfolk rise to 180

King's Lynn hospital coronavirus death toll rises to 10

WHO 'deeply concerned by coronavirus 'rapid escalation'

Charles speaks following virus diagnosis

Goats take over deserted Llandudno!

18 concerts, plays and West End shows you can stream for free

No comments:

Post a Comment