SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Calmer! The Big Pack Up & Holiday!

Finished work at 12.15pm. Had cheese on toast at home for lunch. I spent a long time this afternoon sorting out my buildings and contents insurance. Phoned Aviva, but they only do £1,500 max in the boot of the car, even less than my current Nationwide home insurance. I then put all my details into www.moneysupermarket.com, including having to list all the specified items (which took forever) and to my surprise Shelias' Wheels came up trumps (who I also have my car insurance with) and not only did they cover me for everything I needed, the premium and monthly payments are far less than I'm currently paying!!! Cancelled Nationwide and then started on the next big job.

Phoned an Apple Technician, who initially was stumped after sharing my Mac screen with me. Eventually the lady I spoke to said that because there were several issues, that even if there had been a moment of time lost with the internet going off line (when I was uploading the new 'Big Sur' operating system) that it could have thrown a glitch in the system. So, with her help of shutting down the Mac and then pressing 'Command R' and then choosing 're-install Big Sur', I waited over two hours to see if this worked and IT DID!!!

I have to ring Apple again in the morning to ask some other stuff and then need to do some more Mac housekeeping, before I leave on Friday.

This evening, I did three shopping lists, one for stuff I want to take with me, one for supplies here when I return home and another for Tescos in Lerwick! Went shopping late this evening and arrived back at 11.40pm! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment