SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 26 September 2021

Swarovski NL Pure 8×42 Binoculars!


My new binoculars have arrived in time and I collected them from CleySpy today! Huge thanks to the CleySpy team for their excellent service, as always. They are much lighter than my EL's and will be a joy to use, can't wait! I didn't divert anywhere else, can't afford to lose any unnecessary petrol and had not got the time to go birding anyway.

I spent a long time this morning updating Firmware on my camera bodies and lenses, something I have not ever done before, but managed it ok in the end. Spent as much time as I could removing pine sap from my car before my valet tomorrow. I took a long time to completely empty the car, you realise how much stuff you accumulate, when you have to remove it all!

My battered toe seems very slightly better today and I did manage to drive. Thank goodness for the 'cruise control' switch on my Skoda! I'm trying to be positive and not letting my injury get in the way of my Shetland trip. I took advice from a pharmacist who actually advised me to go to A&E to get my toes strapped up correctly – I have not got time to do that, so with more advice purchased a stretch bandage and some Zinc Oxide Tape. The petrol may be more of an issue though – all petrol stations I passed on route to Cley were closed or had notices up saying emergency services only!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you Penny. Let us know how they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. My quick summary is that they are brighter than my EL's, but not by a huge amount, but feel lighter and smaller because of the shape of the barrels.

      Delete