SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 25 September 2021

Probable Fractured Toe!

It has not been a good day at all. Got up earlier than I intended to this morning, as I felt really awake after a good night's sleep. Did some more holiday clothes washing etc, had shower, breakfast and then did the worst toe stubb EVER on my Lloyd loom chair. I gasped in pain and I realised that this was not the regular toe stubb, where you gasp and then the pain disappears within a few seconds. I had full intentions of walking to the hairdressers this morning and stupidly and stubbornly I started my walk. It killed me to put my shoes on, but I refused to believe I had hurt my toes that badly. I only got a couple of streets away and I was almost in tears – had no choice but to turn back and collected my car to drive into town! Smothered my toes with Volterol gel, took ibuprofen and paracetemol. Sat with my shoe off in the hairdressers, hobbled back to the car, which I had parked at Lucy's and then picked Lucy up and we went back to my house.

The plans for the afternoon were abolished, as there was no way I could take Lucy to Holme Reserves and then go to Hunstanton for fish 'n' chips. So Lucy and I chatted in my house, which to be fair Lucy was quite happy with, as she had not been to my house since before Covid began and she really enjoyed watching all the birds in my garden. I sat with my left foot up with a bag of frozen peas around my toe! After I took Lucy home early evening, I popped to the garage to buy some bananas and was shocked to see a long line of cars queuing up at the last pump out of 4 that had any petrol left at Tescos, Gaywood! A member of staff told me that it had been like this all day. On returning home, I noted that on social media there is nowhere else left in King's Lynn that has petrol and Vivien told there is none left in Ely at all either. The media have a lot to answer for!!!

The toe (next to little toe) is even more painful this evening and I can hardly walk – what with this and the petrol shortage, will I be driving north on Friday? Who knows!!! Dosed up on pain relief I feel extremely fatigued, drugged up and very pissed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment