SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 20 September 2021

Weekend Update!!

So many things to do and sort out before Shetland. I have been seriously busy, every single day. Yesterday I drove to Norwich to buy my first iPad!  Last night I decided to carry a huge old monitor outside and into the boot of my car, which I'm now paying for and have a BOOTS eight hour heat patch on my right lower back! Its the type of old computer screen, that is the size of the old TV's and requires two people to lift it, but there is only me!

Today I took the monitor to the recycling centre and a teenage lad struggled to take it out of my car and carry it, when I asked him kindly if he minded "Oh" he said.... "its one of those"! I then flew to Sainsbury's, as not been shopping for ages and had run out of basic stuff. I've been doing essential backing up of files/photos etc on my new SanDisk external drive all day. Very pleased with my sort out and thrown all kinds of stuff, while I was in the mood and both the black and green wheelie bins are both full! Had a huge spring clean of my computer desks and equipment, which I have not done for ages. Washed my expensive walking trousers x six pairs, which I'm very pleased to report I can now fit on after dieting – last worn in Shetland 2019!

My car is in garage this morning (Monday) for rear brake disc and pad change, which was recommended at the MOT, but not essential, but extremely wise to get this done before I head north I decided! I have a couple of hours to kill in the town centre, before returning to collect my car. Then I need to return home to update the OS systems on the AppleMac and Macbook Pro laptop, install the new TalkTalk router and migrate everything from Mac to laptop. I only have Monday afternoon to do this, as Tuesday I have to drive all the way to Papworth Hospital in Cambridge for an appointment (nothing serious) and Wednesday I'm back at work.

Saturday morning I will be in the hairdressers. Sunday spare to meet up with Lucy and possibly Vivien, but that may not be possible – long story! Hoping to squeeze some birding in somewhere too! I need to empty the car entirely on Sunday evening and then on Monday I'm taking the Skoda to have a professional valet whilst I'm at work – six year birthday treat! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I'm working (changed my days around that week with permission), pack on Thursday, leave on Friday 1st October for Shetland! Staying part way Friday night, east of Edinburgh.

I continue the drive up on Saturday and get the evening ferry from Aberdeen in the evening. I arrive on Shetland on Sunday 3rd October for THREE weeks this time – so exciting!!! My only worry is that I have not booked a sleeping pod or cabin and you are not allowed to sleep on the floor now (Covid rules) as I used to and many others did, so don't know if I will cope with sleeping sat up all night, so may have to book a cabin after all, which I really don't want to do financially. Next post: camera update!

No comments:

Post a Comment