SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 6 June 2022

A Trip To A&E!

The pain in my left shoulder, arm, neck and collar bone was so bad, I hardly had any sleep. Again, the ibuprofen and Co-codamol didn't touch the pain at all. Submitted the usual form to my GP practice via their website at 8am this morning and a doctor called me back within half an hour. The doctor asked me to ring 999, as wanted to rule out any heart issues – after discussion that I only lived 5 minutes away, I drove myself to A&E and was there all day until 5.45pm.

Saw triage nurse after long wait and then back in waiting room for ages. Saw nurse who did an ECG, of which the results were "fine", which was a huge relief. Bloods also done and also fine. Obs done, all ok. Back in waiting room for ages. Assessed by F1 doctor (I presumed) who was lovely and assessed my shoulder etc and also did a sensory test on both my arms. My pain level was 10/10 when I was asked, it really was, I was literally writhing around in the waiting room to the point I felt I was going to faint at times. This pain was far worse than my hip/back pain (right side) a couple of weeks ago. Was given Oramorph and later on I was also given Diclofenac, as the Oramorph had hardly touched the pain. The pain then subsided to approx. 7/10 and remained at that level, but at least the pain wasn't as crippling now. Felt spaced out.

The F1 doctor said he was going to admit me to get the pain under control. He was also going to send me for a X-Ray, which later on he said he wasn't going to and then changed his mind (presumably after discussion with senior staff). Back in waiting room for another 1.5 hours before going to X-Ray. The waiting room was insanely packed now and at least 10 patients were sitting on the floor!!! Never seen it like this before! X-Ray results were also fine! I couldn't understand what was going on! Back in waiting room. Codeine also given, made no difference.

Saw a different and senior doctor, who said they were not going to admit me now (I didn't want to stay anyway!). Plan: referral to Orthopedics for further investigation and send me home with Diclofenac 75mg tablets x 4 for two days and more Co-codamol 30/500mg tablets. Discharged – sat in pharmacy to wait and collect prescription and returned home.

Had to type this on right hand, as even touching a key with left hand is very painful. Took start of medication this evening, pain exactly the same as it has been all day, can't see me getting much sleep tonight either.

Seeing staff Physio tomorrow morning for what was my back/hip issue! This is good timing in some ways as the physio maybe able to advise me about my shoulder/arm. Then I have a fast track referral for something else after that! Fabulous week I'm having!!! Update tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. In severe pain (supposedly) but can still write a blog!!! HYPOCHONDRIAC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous! Thank you so much for your supportive comment, how kind! You probably didn't expect me to publish your comment, but after some good news this morning I'm feeling rebellious. My left shoulder, neck and arm are STILL very painful today. I am able to do dictaphone text via my iPhone, email it myself and then copy and paste on the blog, funny that, how brilliant technology is! Needed a few tweaks with my perfectly fine RIGHT hand and post published and more posts will be published today too! I hope to god you are not someone I know, which I doubt very much! If you contact me again, pleased kindly have the balls to include your name, so my lovely readers can make a note of your name, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take no notice he can not have experienced this type of nerve/bone/soft tissue pain to have any idea of the excruciating level of pain you have had to endure! You have my sympathies, I have been there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just 'love' these anonymous armchair idiots! I get similar comments from time to time...
    My sympathies for the pain Penny: hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete