SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 5 June 2022

Holiday Update – A Rubbish Week!

The first few days of my holiday didn't start well, as I was still recovering from my chronic back and hip pain, this resulted in me missing the Golden Oriole festival on the first Saturday.

The second week of my holiday, has probably been the worst week I've had for several years. Its been one thing after another and my mental state has been pushed over the edge! It seems like something has happened every day this week, you couldn't make it up!

  1. The potential biggest thing I can't talk about yet, but resulted in me staring into space for five days.

  2. A second humongous thing happened, can't talk about that either.

  3. Food Poisoning (mild) for two days, resulting in a night of no sleep.

  4. Car window screen cracked immediately after stone chip, which I haven't sorted yet.

  5. Sudden and severe pain started in my left shoulder last night and arm down to hand. Took ibuprofen and Co-codamol (high dose that was prescribed for my back), this didn't touch the pain and couldn't sleep all night, it was so painful. I have no idea why this occurred. Still in chronic pain with this now.

  6. I have a possible abscess next to an old root-filled tooth that has been playing up, I noticed this evening. I have been delaying getting this taken out as it doesn't hurt at all, unless you put pressure on the tooth, but it obviously needs to come out now.

  7. A serious appointment to go to on Tuesday
     
Smaller things of note:
  • Excess to now pay on window screen replacement.
  • Wasn't able to go to see four Bee-eaters today due to lack of sleep and pain.
  • Cost and trauma of having tooth removed.
  • After having tooth removed, I will only be able to do a half smile!
  • Virtually no birding done at all or jobs.

Positives:

  • Lost some weight!
  • My back and hip is so much better after my physio exercises.
  • Enjoyed watching all the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness you’ve had it ROOGH. At least a few positives. The worst of which was missing out in bee eaters, I reckon. My commiserations

    ReplyDelete