SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 1 June 2022

Holiday Not Going To Plan!

Tuesday 31st May

The second week of my holiday is not going how I expected it to. I'm in the middle of a possible health scare and it has stopped me in my tracks, like an arctic truck hitting a wall at speed. Everything is in slow motion and I can't think straight at all. I have not left the house since, I had an emergency appointment on Monday morning. I had no intention of writing anything on my blog, but this is also my diary and it helps me to put pen to paper so to speak. Will update on here, when I know more.

I need to get out of the house and immerse myself in nature, no point in sitting at home dwelling on something that might or might not be. Its not easy to keep upbeat and positive, especially when you live on your own – I only wish I was that type of person.

The juvenile Starlings, House Sparrows and Collared Doves are hoovering up all the bird food far too quickly! I can see foresee many garden birds suffering, through people not being able to afford bird food in the current circumstances – maybe not so much at this time of the year, but they will later on if things don't change. I also had two Magpies attacking the fat blocks today, which I have never seen before and a Squirrel also joined in! Busy garden!

A large piece of Amber was found at West Runton Beach, see story in the EDP. I have two pieces that belonged to my father, one piece is quite large, but not quite the size of the piece found at West Runton!

1 comment:

  1. Penny,
    Can only dread what you are not telling us. You have always been my go-to source of knowledge for my trips up to Norfolk and long may that last.
    With all my best wishes. Les

    ReplyDelete