SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 12 June 2022

Weekend Update!

My neck, shoulder and arm pain remains the same, in fact on Saturday it got worse, as I had to stop taking some of the pain relief, as I had more stomach cramps and other symptoms. After advice from a doctor on Friday, I was told to stop taking the Diclofenac. I also had to cancel my dentist appointment last week and this is re-booked for this week.

I'm heartbroken, the Spotted Sandpiper has departed Titchwell RSPB either overnight or early this morning, as no sign of it today via RBA. Maybe I will get lucky and it will be re-found somewhere in Norfolk and my pain disappears enough to me to drive again, fingers crossed.

This afternoon, I decided to go for a walk from my house. I have been putting off doing this, as there is nowhere in King's Lynn I enjoy walking or where I feel safe to do so. Took my spare cheap binoculars and phone only in pocket and walked along the cycle path and then branched off right along a path, which I noted has been widened considerably. This path borders a large area of marsh and reeds, which is adjacent to the QEH. A short way along the path, I was alarmed to see a small smouldering area of dead cut grass, which I managed to put out with my shoe – presumably someone had dropped a cigarette. A little further along, I could see smoke billowing and as I got nearer, there was another fire that was at the beginning stages of getting very serious indeed and far too much for me to do anything about, so had to call 999!

This was in an area where a fire engine can't get to, so retraced my steps to meet three firemen at the beginning of the cycle path and then walked back with them to show them where it was. They said they could probably put out it with their boots – I left them to it and walked to where there is a bridge crossing a river. It was very sad to see two tiny little Mallard ducklings swimming in disgusting brown water with their mother – no clear water here and very little bird life. I only heard a Chiffchaff and saw a Robin, nothing else at all. As I walked back, the fireman appeared from the path, saw me in the distance and put their hands up to me, so I guess they had been able to put the fire out with their boots – it must have taken them a while. Its a good job I arrived when I did as if this fire had got out of hand, it would have affected a lot of houses, killed a lot of wildlife and would have been very close to the QEH! All of this spoilt my little walk and in any case it didn't do me any good at all, as even though my legs were fine, my shoulder and neck were in far worse pain and I was close to being sick when I returned home.

Tomorrow I have a review at the GP surgery, with my favourite doctor and have a Physio appointment early on Tuesday morning. I'm really hoping that the physio will be able to somehow get rid of this awful pain! Sick to death of typing with one hand and its takes forever!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So is your comment! If you find my posts boring, then don't read my blog! Simple solution!

      Delete