I was up so early this morning, I managed to go and have a quick look at the American Black Tern at Tingwall Loch before work – it was fairly distant and flying across the loch in the 10 minutes I had to watch it. Also watching the ABT were Robert C. and his wife, who had just arrived on Shetland this morning for their annual Autumn trip – lovely to see you both!
Yesterday I spent the entire day getting the garden sorted, pruned, weeded, swept up and cut and strimmed the grass so I don't have to do any gardening in my forthcoming week off. I'm now hoping for a sunny evening (0% chance of that looking at the weatherforcast) so I can do the last outside job of pressure washing all the concrete. Its been raining ALL day and night here. The first YBW's have arrived here today! After work I did a Tesco shop and then in the pouring rain walked along Helendale Terrace to see if I could find a YBW, not worth getting soaked for as didn't find a single bird.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.