SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 23 August 2018

Writing Mother's Eulogy!

I started writing mother's Eulogy last night and it took much longer than expected to write. In fact even with Vivien's assistance, it took us nearly all day! I was reading through my father's unpublished autobiography, to find snippets of information about mother and was very pleased to find several interesting facts. Putting the whole eulogy together in the right factual order and trying to throw in some amusing stories, took a long time to compile. It is very sad to think that mother and I also spent a long time writing father's eulogy only eighteen months ago. It then had to be cut and re-cut as it can't run longer than 5.5 minutes – the entire funeral service can not run over 30 minutes.

On the note of father's autobiography, I felt ashamed to say that I had not even got round to reading any of it until today. Father had tried to get his book published via several publishers over the years, but none seemed overly interested. I found the list of publishers he had written to and had not heard of any of them! When the dust has settled as they say and I've moved house, I will make it my priority to publish his autobiography, as I found it fascinating to read. The variety and numbers of birds listed, that were seen pre 1962 and shortly after were jaw dropping to say the least. They had more rares in one particular 'fall' than Norfolk has ever had over a 10 year period!

No comments:

Post a Comment