SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 29 September 2011

Spending Spree!!!

Doing early shifts all this week and its tiring me out. On Monday I will be working in the 'Community' for 3 days a week and on the ward for 2 days each week for 3 months. Most of us have to rotate into the community and although it is interesting working with people in their own homes, I do prefer the action packed ward, but hey ho!

After work this afternoon I went on a spending spree - I have bought a Samsung 'ORANGE' 'Curvy Simplicity' pay as you go, phone at a fantastic price of £12.99. I am so tired of my iphone 'Vodaphone' not having any signal in so many places in Norfolk. Having an 'orange' phone will allow birding friends and family to contact me wherever I am! It also means I can ring anyone, wherever I am too! Going back to the shop tomorrow though as I forgot to ask if they could transfer over all my contacts from the iphone. I hope very much that they can, otherwise I will have the laborious task of adding loads of numbers and names, which will take forever! I will still be using my iphone as my main mobile though.

I have bought a LEKI, Jasper, anti shock walking pole to assist me jumping across creeks! Then I went to TK Max and bought a new pair of Merrell, Goretex walking trainers.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog , as ever. Thanks for the heads up on a phone and network. I've been considering buying a cheap payg phone especially for Norfolk for ages. I'm up next week to do some crawling on the sand wader photography so I might go to my local phone store and have a look! Hope the crane turns up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie!

    Be warned though, I had to pay £6.00 to transfer all my 'contact' names across from my iphone!

    Enjoy your photography next week!

    ReplyDelete