SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 17 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 15!!!

Slept like a log last night, without taking any sleeping tablets, woke up around 9.30am and still felt tired – went back to sleep again and woke up at just before 2pm!!! I can't believe how much I'm sleeping! Had cheese and tomato on toast for brunch. Topped up the bird feeders and then decided to go for a little walk from the house. Walked along the cycle path and as far as the large marsh and river. Saw 2 Kestrels, a Common Buzzard sitting on a bush and a Heron flying across the marsh. Lots of Mallards in the river, but far too many people and dogs. I was shocked by the increase of litter on my walk, everything from beer cans, sweet and food wrappers, drinks containers, tobacco wrappers, plastic bags of dog crap hanging on bushes etc – one of the many reasons I don't walk along here very much, not a pleasant experience at all.

Back at home, I fell asleep again! Everything I do is exhausting, anybody would think I had just walked Blakeney Point, the way I was feeling! Watched a brilliant travel documentary at 9pm on BBC4 called "Ireland to Sydney By Any Means" – Part 1, starring Charley Boorman along with his producer Russ and cameraman Mungo, who travel through three continents, 25 countries and over 20,000 miles from Ireland to Australia, avoiding commercial airlines wherever possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, I had it back in march/april, probably not quite as bad as you, but it was the fatigue that is the worse, even though I went back to work after 2 weeks,it was 3 months before I felt anything like back to normal,though got there in the end!

    ReplyDelete