SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 24!!!

I woke up early, but still felt so tired and continued sleeping until 12.30pm! Its not looking very hopeful for tomorrow, when I have to get up at 7am! A very dull day here, no sun at all and I didn't go for a walk anywhere. Did lots of little jobs in preparation for work tomorrow. Collected my birthday card from Lucy and then went to M&S to buy a new coat for work and also a dozen red roses for my birthday to cheer myself up. I did ask Lucy if she wanted to go for a socially distanced walk, but she said it was far too cold.

I had originally booked my birthday off as annual leave tomorrow, but cancelled it as didn't think it was right to return to work just for the Thursday and the Friday and also I would have been on my own all day (again) anyway. Normally my sisters and I would have gone for lunch somewhere, but obviously that can't happen this year!

Its going to be quite daunting returning to work with so many people in my team, when I have been completely on my own since the 4th January. My Costochondritis pain remains the same and after another request, my GP kindly phoned me to say he was very surprised that the anti-flammatory drug Naproxen had not made any difference – he thought that it was probably not responding as it would do normally, because of being a Covid related symptom and suggested I try pain relief instead and if this doesn't work to get back to him.

This will be my last daily Covid post, being as I'm back at work, but will post an update every now and again, if my symptoms improve or worsen! Thank you to everyone for all your support and emails, of which I still need to reply to many people yet – huge apologies!

 

I saw from another birder on Twitter today, that the lead officer for Covid issues for Essex Police is saying that "birdwatching is not permitted exercise (he defines it as recreation). Offenders face fine of £200 on first offence, doubling on subsequent occasions up to £6k limit....."

Ok, that also means that fishing and shooting is a recreation, same thing! Can't have different rules for different people and recreations!!! If you can sit and fish, walk/stand and shoot birds, you can walk and watch birds!!! End of!

1 comment:

  1. Dead right about birdwatching, also a friend of mine was metal detecting in the middle of a field on his own and as a friend of the owner had full permission, when the police turned up and called him over and informed him he was breaking the lockdown rules and if he did not stop would be given a £200 find. Crazy, especially as he's a builder who all week is on site with many other workers and not always able to social distance. How come football is OK when there are 22 people, all in close contact, mad!

    ReplyDelete