SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 22 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 20!!!

Last night, the pains in the right side of my chest got worse and it was increasingly painful to turn over in bed. When I eventually got up, I filled in the on-line form that you have to do now, if you want to speak to a GP – I knew it would be a while before anyone rang me. Late afternoon I got in the car and drove into town to buy some calcium tablets from BOOTS that I had run out of. It was the first time I had left the house since last Sunday! Whilst walking to the chemist, a GP from my surgery rang me to discuss my symptoms and asked me to come to the surgery at 5.30pm – I was very pleased to get an appointment that quickly!

After seeing me, my doctor diagnosed me as having Costochondritis, which he thought was related to my Covid and was a 'post viral infection'. On the NHS website it is described as "inflammation of the cartilage that joins your ribs to your breastbone (sternum). This area is known as the costochondral joint. Cartilage is tough but flexible connective tissue found throughout the body, including in the joints between bones. It acts as a shock absorber, cushioning the joints. Costochondritis may improve on its own after a few weeks, although it can last for several months or more. The condition does not lead to any permanent problems, but may sometimes relapse." Another link here.

My GP took my temperature, which was 37ºC, Pulse 72 and SATS were 96% – so that was all good. He also used a stethoscope to listen for any breathing or chest issues etc and told me it was all fine – he didn't think it was anything more serious and advised me to take ibuprofen or Naproxen (which I had at home) to reduce the inflammation and it should get better over time.

Costochondritis, seemed to ring a bell with me and I felt sure I had this before, so searched in "Search My Blog" and found that I ended up in A&E with this in 2011, when I thought I had heart problems!!!

I'm hearing more and more little tales of birders being stopped by police along the coast and getting warnings and some getting fines, so stick to the rules and stay 'local', unless you want to lose £200!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment