SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 4 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 2!!!

So, last night after finding out I had a temperature of 37.8C, I took two paracetamol, drank a glass of Vitamin C drink and had a spoonful of Manuka honey. I didn't sleep very well initially, as I was obviously worried.

This morning my temperature had gone down a bit to 37.6C and I didn't feel too bad, yet. The hospital rang me early morning to give me my test results from yesterday. I just knew what the result was going to be! POSITIVE!

Its quite shocking when you hear that. Ok I work in a hospital, but I couldn't have been any more careful. I used Detox wipes to clean my phone, case and glasses every time I came home and have a shower straight away. I have not been in any cafes, restaurants, pubs, buildings since the start of the pandemic in Spring – apart from the hospital, my only trips have been to the supermarket, a few shops such as BOOTS, birding out in the fresh air and 2 metre meet ups with my sisters for a walk. I have not hugged anyone since Spring either.
 
This morning, I developed a heavy pain in the right side of my chest. Hopefully I won't be seriously ill with this! I have to isolate for 10 days from the 3rd January and if well enough can leave the house/go to work on the 14th January, obviously depending on how I'm feeling.

I feel very pissed off, as I was hoping to have the Vaccine this week, had I had it last week, maybe I would have been ok?! Who knows! After being diagnosed with Covid-19, you can't have the Vaccine for 28 days from the day of being tested positive.

I have just managed to set up an on-line grocery account with Sainsbury's and with lots of problems and having to ring them twice, I eventually managed to book a slot for tomorrow! I used to do my mother's shopping on-line for her from Sainsbury's and cancelled the entire account a few years ago, but due to technology it wouldn't let me set up a new account, sorted now!

Now off to get in the shower and wash my hair, in case things get worse!

Evening update: temperature getting worse, starting to ache everywhere, pain in right side of chest getting worse – can't turn my head to right side. Going to bed after Boris's live update at 8pm.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to see this. Hope you will be feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to see this, hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon. Love your blog and reports

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw gosh, get well soon Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you recover from this Penny, it's shocking to hear about you catching it when you've been so careful all along. So have Steve and I, we haven't even been shopping at all, doing it all online since the outset. And yet I still see various local birders getting into each other's cars to go to twitches (Snettisham for example) and it just drives me mad. We've really got to start thinking that this thing is airborne all around us and it's a matter of luck whether you pick it up or not. Take care Penny, hope you get well soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're 'bearing up' Penny. It's difficult being unwell and living alone. All the best for a speedy recovery. Enjoy your blog so much and really miss Norfolk!

    ReplyDelete