SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 18 October 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News
Hoopoe first thing this morning only at Boddam.
Great Grey Shrike at Quendale Mill.
White-winged Scoter ad. drk. from pier at Wadbister, SE of Girlsta. 
Yellow-browed Warblers x 3 at Vidlin.
Yellow-browed Warbler at Brakefield Road, Sandwick.
Yellow-browed Warbler, Siberian Chiffchaff at Arisdale.
Barred Warbler, Yellow-browed Warbler at Muckle Roe.
Golden Oriole, Hawfinches x 2 at Community Wood, Brae.
Yellow-browed Warbler at Burn of Valayre, Voxter.
Yellow-browed Warbler at light house, Sumburgh Head.

Greenish Warbler at Valyie, Norwick, Yellow-browed Warbler, Siberian Chiffchaffs x 2, Bluethroat at Haroldswick, Unst.
Black Redstart at Out Skerries.
 

I had an unexpected job completed today, my builder texted to say he had time to put my large Wayfair "Bücherregal Jena" white bookcases together – they have been sitting in my house since late September, as far too big and heavy for me to attempt. It took Alex and Peter over three hours to complete these, it did not look easy at all. They are both fixed to the wall and are built very strongly and good quality. There is only one issue and that is typical of Wayfair with their 'white' goods – the picture portrays that these bookcases as pure white, but in fact, they are a cream white and don't match (as intended) my pure brilliant white walls at all! Its way past the return period, so can't send them back and to be honest, the effort involved with that would be awful and then I would have to search again and take another risk of the next bookcases not being pure white, so I will live with it. By the time I have filled them up, I'm sure they will look fine.
My bookcases are cream versions of this!
 
 
I unboxed my flat pack four draw metal filing cabinet and laid this out on the new desks to put together on Sunday, when it will be pouring with rain and 60mph winds for most of the day. When this is done I can then finally move everything I need to into the office.
 
Vivien visited Lucy again today and walked with her to the garage shop, which is the only place Lucy can buy her chocolate etc – half way there, Lucy said she couldn't walk any further and turned back. Apparently its 0.8 miles each way. I don't mean to sound mean, but Lucy loves her chocolate and 'snacks' more than me, so I'm sure she will make it there one day! Mind you, she will be taken by car to do her food shopping regularly, so I'm sure she will add chocolate to her list.
 
My delivery of flowers to Lucy from Amazon arrived and they looked rubbish, when Vivien sent me a photo, very disappointing. Lucy was so shattered last night, I think she slept through the noise of the Air Source Heat Pump, according to Vivien. Lucy won't let anyone arrange things and unpack with her, does this mean she's not staying, who knows what she's thinking?! Staff are checking in on Lucy several times a day and helping her to do her meals, so that's brilliant. Let's hope Lucy accepts more help, when offered to her over the next few days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment