SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 3 April 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 

Bittern at Loch of Hillwell. Glaucous Gull at Mair's Quay, Lerwick. Northern Bullfinch at Kergord.
 
 
My builder came round at 6pm to check on the concrete floor of the second bedroom and said it is now dry enough to insulate and put a new floor in etc. I had decided a few days ago, that being as this room is now in a serious state, with skirting board taken up and holes in the bottom of the walls, that it would be the best and only time to get this room insulated properly, so I discussed this with 'Alex' who said he would price up the job and get a quote to me. I only need the two outside walls doing and so I am hoping it won't be insanely expensive?! When Alex explained the process to me, it sounds like a big job. The existing plasterboard has to be knocked out and removed and then 75mm insulating board placed against the inside of outside wall, wood struture around, then another 25mm of insulating board, then plaster board. This will then mean that the window frames will have be replaced and all the skirting board and then a decorator in to skim and paint the two new walls and all the skirting. It think its going to be a long time before this office gets completed and then a long time for me to finish the rest of the house. I really hope its all going to get done in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment