SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 9 April 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 

Hawfinch at North Staney Hill, Lerwick. Hawfinch at Sandwick. 2 Snow Buntings on Fair Isle. Glaucous Gull at Norwick, Unst.
 
 
Goldfinch in my garden before and after work along with 2 fem and 1 male Chaffinch.
 
Today I received a new bird feeder I sent off from the company Roamwild. I have put it together and will report back another day. I also bought the add on cage which is supposed to stop Starlings (won't believe it until I see it) and other bigger birds from accessing the seed. Its a very large feeder and I have filled this with sunflower hearts. On first impressions it looks far superior to my RSPB feeders. See the product video here. The test will be on how empty it is after work tomorrow! There are no squirrels in Shetland, so that won't be an issue for me!
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks rather smart... but I do like "A Feeder Exclusive To Songbirds. Now is the time to enjoy bird watching hassle free. Welcome to a new era of bird feeding. " Illustrated, however, by a great-tit and......
    a Gerta-splotted Foodpecker.... it is a long time since I heard the wonderful, almost-a-nightingale song of one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should work alright Penny, we've got a similar thing, the Squirrel Buster which we've had for about 10 years now and it does work for squirrels/pigeons/heavier birds. You might have to adjust the tension slightly once you've got the hang of it. I think the cage is a good idea too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete