SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Norfolk Bird News etc!

Main Highlights – RBA
Roseate Tern flew west at Kelling
Lapland Bunting flew west, Arctic Tern x 3, Little Gull, Pectoral Sandpiper, Wood Sandpiper, Spoonbills x 2 at Cley
Red-backed Shrike at Holme NWT but mobile (yeah I know that!)
RED-FOOTED FALCON flew over Holt at 6.30pm!
Sacred Ibis x 2 at Ormsby St Margaret
Wood Warbler at East Wretham Heath (me)
Spoonbill, Little Stint, Temminck's Stint at Titchwell RSPB
Montagu's Harrier at Buckingham Marshes RSPB
No sign of Night Heron this evening
Black Redstart at Salhouse Broad (Footpath)

Other News
RED-FOOTED FALCON, Hobbies x 12 and Male GOLDEN ORIOLE at Lakenheath Fen RSPB, Suffolk
RED-FOOTED FALCON SE of Sudbury, Suffolk at 5.30pm

I was happy with my picture until I just saw The BEST picture I have seen of the Red-footed Falcon added on the net today by Gary Thoburn HERE  – Congratulations!

Fascinating write up on Titchwell, Snettisham and Holme reserves here which I found via facebook: http://szimistylebirding.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/the-spectacular-norfolk/

No comments:

Post a Comment