SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 12 September 2015

Holme Reserves!

Visted my parents briefly. Much to my delight I found a Pied Flycatcher in the scrub opposite the toilet block, next to the village carpark at Holme, but unable to get a photo and I spent a long time trying! It was very sheltered in these sallows and brambles and there was a nice selection of birds in here including: 2 Willow Warblers, 50+ Housesparrows, Greenfinches, Goldfinches, Great Tit, Blue Tit and a Wren.

1 Redstart in the NWT Forestry and 11 Black-tailed Godwits flew east. A Pied Flycatcher opposite the NOA seawatching hide with loads of Goldfinches, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren and a Whitethroat which I seriously thought look like a 1w Barred Warbler!!! Can't go in to it all now as have 15 minutes to get ready for a party, but it had a bulky head, bumbled around the bramble like Barred's do and just didn't seem like a whitethroat, but I suppose it is – sadly, sent picture to E.T.M. and also R.S. thought the same – oh dear, back to birding school!!! Seriously though, my first instinct on jizz and size was certainly not a Whitethroat!

Then had to fly home for the party!!! Looking forward to the rest of my holiday! Several House Martins around the farm along the Ringstead road on route home. Fell weird returning home in daylight!

No comments:

Post a Comment