SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 18 April 2022

A Difficult Day!!!

The day did NOT start well for Lucy's laptop purchase. Lucy wasn't in the best of moods, which she admitted and then when we got to Currys at 10am, all the staff were standing outside the shop! Was there a fire? No – it turned out that the security doors/shutters were jammed and could not be opened and the Manager was waiting for an Engineer to come out! You couldn’t make this up! Anyway, we killed time and went to “Dreams" bed shop on Hardwick, to look at single divans with draws for Lucy.
 
We returned to the car park by Currys and had a look round "The Range" to kill a bit more time. We returned to Currys and all the staff were STILL outside at about 11.45am. We were told the Engineer wouldn’t be here until at least 1pm! We gave up and I took Lucy home for her lunch and I also went home.

After having a short nap, I phoned Lucy who declared she wasn’t going back again this afternoon. Being the stubborn person that I am, I returned to Currys at about 3pm and they were now open (the engineer sorted the doors at 2pm). Spoke to a lovely member of staff called Gabrielle (who helped me choose the laptop for Lucy a while back) and discussed final purchase of everything and then I phoned Lucy again, who then agreed to come over. Picked Lucy up and bought her to Currys – she seemed to be in a better mood now! Purchased laptop, 3 year service contract, laptop bag and screen cloths and got Lucy back home just in time for her tea at 5pm! 

I returned home mentally exhausted! After cooking lunch/dinner, I spent the evening printing out Lucy’s receipts and typing up lots of tips etc for her, as she has never owned a laptop in her life. The laptop itself was not in stock, but being delivered to store for me to pick up. So I didn't get the Canon R5 or lens set up etc at all, nor did I get out birding! More necessary jobs to do tomorrow, but hopefully will get out for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment