SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 16 April 2022

FOR SALE: Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42 Binoculars!

 Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42

Serial Number: L742196777

£890.00

 Includes excellent condition Field Bag

NOW SOLD!



I purchased these fabulous binoculars second-hand from CleySpy at Glandford on 1st November 2012. They were 8 years old (manufactured in 2004) and came with a 30 year warranty, so they are still in
warranty until 2034. They didn't come with a case or box, so I bought a brand new Swarovski "Field Bag". These binoculars in this condition generally sell for around £880 without any case etc, so £890 with an excellent condition case is a bargain!

Note: older Swarovski binoculars came with a 30 year guarantee, newer models only have 10 years, but as I'm sure you know, Swarovski's customer service is second to none, however long you have had them! 

I would class them as good condition with some cosmetic wear (as in pictures) but optically they are still incredible. There are some light scratches on the right eye piece, but this does not affect them optically at all (verified by a member of staff at CleySpy). They were the best of all the Swarovski binoculars in my opinion and in fact I couldn't find any other brand or model that were anywhere near as good as these – until I made the mistake of looking at the new Swarovski NL Pure 8x42's which I purchased in October 2021! The main reason (although an expensive one) I purchased the new bins, was the difference in weight, the new ones are lighter, but optically I don't feel there is a marked difference at all to be honest. I have hung onto these binoculars as didn't really want to sell them, but I have to be realistic, I'm not going to use them again, now I have a lighter pair!

If interested please email me on

pennyclarke@talktalk.net

These always sell quickly when CleySpy get a pair of these in, so be quick!

Blimey, I could have sold these twice! Someone emailed me precisely 84 minutes after I posted my advert and a second person early this morning! Power of the blog!!! Very pleased to say these have now been sold to a young lady birder who I know and met up with her this morning – I reduced my asking price a little bit for her. I thought they would be a bit too heavy, but she was happy and that's the main thing.

Enjoy your new binoculars C! Happy Birding!

SOLD on Sunday morning!


UPDATE!

Although I have sold my binoculars and thank you to all my Twitter followers who kindly retweeted my advert, I have a blog follower who is looking to sell his second-hand Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42 binoculars and from what he tells me, that sound like they are in excellent condition!

If any of you are interested, please email me on pennyclarke@talktalk.net and I can give you his email – his name is Ken Spriggs and he lives in Corby, Northamptonshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment