SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 26 April 2022

Canon R5 Settings For Wildlife Photography!

I have been very, very busy with sorting out and setting up my Canon EOS E5 camera over the last couple of days (should have done this in the Winter months!). I have only used this new camera to take the Northern Lights with in Shetland in October, without actually setting it up properly for bird photography. I have been putting off doing this, as I presumed it would be more difficult to grasp, being as it is a very advanced camera.

I have been incredibly lazy over the last few months and have been using my newly acquired 2nd hand (last Autumn) Canon 7D Mark II with the Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens, which is hardly any different to my previous old Canon 7D Mark I.

After very kind advice and help from Mike E. and Jim L., I am now ready to go out in the field with my Canon EOS R5 and Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L IS USM lens!!! At last! Here is a recommended video that I mostly followed, with some changes that I decided to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment