Rare Bird Alert News
MAINLAND
Common Rosefinch at Dalsetter, Boddam.
Bluethroat at Sumburgh Farm.
Curlew Sandpipers x 3 at Pool of Virkie.
Ring-necked Duck still at Loch of Clickimin, Lerwick.
Pallid Harrier juv. male over moor south of Fleck and then later at Brow Marsh.
ISLANDS
Arctic Warbler on Isle of Foula.
Barred Warblers x 2, Sooty Shearwater on Out Skerries.
Common Rosefinch in garden at Norwick House, Uyeasound, Unst.
Rubbish evening, managed to finish strimming the driveway grass and the front garden before the midges descended. Got out my new battery lawnmower which I bought a while back and used for the first time – I don't think it cut a single blade of grass, it was shockingly rubbish, so had to resort to my Flymo hand lawnmower which don't get me wrong is brilliant, but its heavy and hard work to use and was going to sell it, but will keep now I have decided. Phoned Amazon to return the battery lawnmower and was sent an incorrect label and had to phone again (not a quick process), still waiting for email for packaging label etc. Then I walked into my bedroom and to my utter horror found a large slug on the ceiling!!! How the hell did that get in, oh let me guess - maybe through the gaps in the floorboards in my uninsulated house or from the wet unused fireplace?!!! Then I hear news that Dolly Parton has passed away 😢.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.