Rare Bird Alert News
MAINLAND
No news.
ISLANDS
Barred Warbler at Skaw, Unst.
Quails x 6 (5 juvs.) on Out Skerries.
Yesterday when I was supposed to be writing up my North Ronaldsay Trip Reports, I was sleepy all day and felt incapable of doing anything. I managed to get all the washing done but that was it.
I have completed the trip reports today, written in four separate posts (see posts below), but I still have to select and edit all the photos yet, so bare with!
HOT NEWS! Someone posted a picture of the Blue-cheeked Bee-eater on FB Orkney Scarce and Rare Birds group today and wrote "Had this wee chap on our garden fence in St Mary’s on Thursday." A caption to a picture of the bee-eater on their garden fence!!! This was mainland Orkney. The BCBE was last seen on North Ronaldsay at 8.16am on Wednesday 12th August and was not seen any more that day. It then heads to mainland Orkney arriving on Thursday 13th August and decides to pose on someone's garden fence, you couldn't make it up! 😂 Thank goodness its still alive and well. It obviously likes the Orkney Isles, wonder where it will go next! 💖
I try not to copy across other people's photos but I couldn't link it, so please forgive me L.S. but here is a screenshot of the photo on the owner's fence! As someone posted, what a garden tick! Not a good idea for it to be spending time in gardens though, some cat could be extremely happy with a colourful lunch, doesn't bare thinking about. Please move on asap Mr Bee-eater!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.