Everything was normal at work today until lunchtime. I had some Cauldron Moroccan Falafels which I purchased from Tesco. I started to eat them and what felt like a piece of grit crunched into my tooth – a tooth that has had the same large filling in since I was a teenager (top left tooth, not in my smile thank goodness). The pain was immediate and raw. It was so painful I could hardly swallow. I couldn't drink or eat the pain was so intense. Managed to get an emergency appointment with my private dentist for 3.40pm. Note: I couldn't get an NHS dentist when I first moved here, so had no choice but to go private.
The result after an X-ray was that the tooth had a vertical crack right through to the nerve, no wonder if was such a raw pain! The choice was a root filling and crown and the emergency appointment totalling a whopping £16,000 or £290.75 for emergency appointment and tooth extraction. I had no choice but to opt for the cheaper option. After the extraction I sat in the surgery to wait for the required biting down on the dressing to form the clot for 15 minutes and then very slowly ambled back to my car and drove home. Feeling VERY sorry for myself. Lit the fire and sat on the sofa all evening to rest and fell asleep. The advice sheets states to rest as if you exercise etc it can raise your BP and make the wound site bleed.
I'm so angry with what's happened. I will be taking it further. I found the piece of grit, kept the packaging and receipt and will be contacting Tesco as soon as I feel a little better. Had to take paracetamol mid evening and taking some more shortly. On a positive note I'm hugely grateful to my dentist for fitting me in so quickly. The Family Dental Clinic is a first class service and my dentist who is a very kind person is called Stefan and was recommended to my by Hugh H. when I moved here. So looking forward to having to do all the salt washes and so on, huge fun, not! 😭😪
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.