SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 16th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2026!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER FIFTEEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News
MAINLAND
Little Stint at Pool of Virkie.
Bluethroat at Sumburgh Farm.
Greenish Warbler still in the roses, Sumburgh Head.
 
ISLANDS
No news.
 
The Blue-cheeked Bee-eater remains on North Ronaldsay for a fourth day! 
 
I was very close to joining a charter boat trip to North Ronaldsay for this Saturday, but at the last moment I changed my mind when I checked out the latest forecast which is very strong winds, plus I strongly believe it will not stay there that long. There is a break in the weather tomorrow (its been raining heavily the last couple of days) There is also a charter boat going tomorrow which would be a far better option obviously, but again I'm at work – even that will be a 50/50 chance, as I think there will be a 'no sign' message in the morning. Next stop for the gorgeous Blue-cheeked Bee eater will be Fair Isle or possibly Foula and then on the telegraph wires behind my house! 😂 😂 😂
 
Horrible dull and rainy weather here currently, I almost want to light the fire. Not good weather for August, not even for Shetland! Looking at the weather ahead I think Summer is over. That can only mean one thing - Autumn migration!!! 😁😍
 
Sanday, Orkney Trip just written up, but will add pictures tomorrow night. 
 
Stephen Moss has just tweeted out the following:
"Great news! BBC4 will be marking Bill Oddie's unique wildlife TV career on the evening of Sunday16th August: starting at 7pm with The Best of Bill Oddie Goes Wild, followed by Birding with Bill Oddie: Bill’s Beginnings, and finally Bill Oddie’s Top Ten Birds...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.