Wednesday 26th August
Rare Bird Alert News
MAINLAND
Wood Warbler at Loch of Clickimin, Lerwick.
King Eider fem. at Hascosay Sound.
Dotterel at Ronas Hill.
Barred Warbler at Scousburgh.
Pallid Harrier juv. male still at Brow Marsh, Loch of Brow.
Wryneck at Channerwick.
Curlew Sandpiper at Pool of Virkie.
ISLANDS
Blyth's Reed Warbler on Isle of Foula.
After work I went to Clickimin Loch in Lerwick to try and see the Wood Warbler that Anne E. found this morning. I was quite taken back to find that the midges here don't wait until 6pm to appear, they were already here and an exasperated local lady stated that they have been here ALL day! I tried to see the Wood Warbler and did see a warbler being extremely elusive – the normal me would have waited and waited for it or whatever it was to appear, but the midges were relentless and I couldn't take ANY MORE! Give me a Force 10 Gale any day, anything but midges!
Back in my car I was scratching like crazy, drove back to Scalloway and searched a few areas for any migrants but none found. I thought I might be lucky as Phil H. had found a Wryneck at Channerwick and then a Barred Warbler at Scousburgh this evening, so birds were obviously dropping in, but not for me in Scalloway! I didn't have the energy to head south after a busy day at work. No slugs in the bedroom this evening and Amazon gave me a full refund for the crappy battery lawnmower and I FINALLY have an appointment for Dermatology on 3rd Setpember, at last! So apart from the killer midges, it was a much better day than yesterday.
The guards at Buckingham Palace paid tribute to Dolly Parton with a rendition of her hit “9 to 5” which is so lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.