SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 22 April 2021

Evening Birding: Sedgeford, Old Hunstanton & Holme!

Green Sandpiper
Flood on edge of field at Gypsy Corner, Old Hunstanton

 

Got the car washed at Heacham this evening and then headed towards Sedgeford. Parked my car by the cemetery on the main road and had a wander to find my own Ring Ouzels. It looked a good spot, but only Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Chiffchaff and a Robin were here. Lots of primroses and daffodils, such a pretty little spot. 

Headed to the muck heap just east off the minor road heading to Ringstead – no birds of note here at all. Drove through Ringstead and then to Gypsy Corner at Old Hunstanton. I was very pleased to find a Green Sandpiper happily feeding in the flood on the edge of the field. My car made an excellent hide to photograph from! Also a Black-headed Gull and a Pied Wagtail were here and lots of Pheasants on the field. A Common Buzzard flew over the road, towards Old Hunstanton park.

Parked up at Holme village car park. I was the only one there! It was very strange to see large sections of the grass removed! A massive strip had gone and turfs cut around this, ready to pick up?! Is someone pinching the grass to sell? Who knows, I will contact the parish council I think!

Holme Village Car Park!

 

Walked across the little foot bridge and immediately heard a Grasshopper Warbler reeling in the bramble next to the path and adjacent to the golf course! It was so close, but I couldn't see it! Made my day! Walked along the back of the bungalows, in hope of seeing or hearing an early Turtle Dove, but no luck. Someone called me to tell me about the new booking system at Holme Dunes NWT, which resulted in me ringing Sophie to ask about the parking and NOA members (see other post earlier). Returned to the car park and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment