SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 1 April 2021

NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD & WALRUS TWITCH!

I am MEGA excited! Today's HUGE twitch and annual leave has been organised for a little while now, but had to keep quiet for various reasons. Obviously it depended on the Mockingbird still being around, which was likely, given the time it has already been there. We also had to wait to assess the lockdown situation – obviously, as soon as the 'stay at home' rule changed, our trip was on!!!

We are also now doing a big detour to go and see the fabulous Walrus in Pembrokeshire afterwards! To be honest, I'm far more excited about seeing this than the Mockingbird!

Quick post as leaving shortly! I'm very kindly being picked up by some Norfolk birders (who I know extremely well 😉) – all travelling in one car, as we have all had the vaccine, so should be ok – will be keeping the windows open too. With just over 5 hours journey (give and take) to the Mockingbird and then another 3.5 hours (ish) to the Walrus, we might be home a little late!!! What a week!!! So excited, oh my goodness!

Full update and pictures either very late Thursday evening or Friday morning........

UPDATE

APRIL FOOL!!!

I have been at work all day! 🤣 🤣 🤣

So, I did catch a few people out and received some concerned and expected stern type messages via Twitter, Facebook and email! Only took about 10 minutes after I posted this!!!😂 Yes, I know its illegal to travel to Wales right now, and that I'm not allowed to share a car with anyone else and wouldn't do any of the above anyway! 😂

Obviously some people were still half asleep early this morning and hadn't quite noticed the 1st April date at the top of my post!!! So, I managed to "Fool" at least five people this morning, if not more! I won't embarrass them and say who they were! As the morning progressed, those who were more awake, had realised it was the 1st April! Sorry!!!😂

2 comments:

  1. Surely twitching is against the 'stay local' guidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! I'm Mr. Gullible! And you can post that if you want.
    But I'm relieved that you are being sensible!!

    ReplyDelete