SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 14 July 2014

MEGA! GREAT KNOT in Norfolk!!!

First for Norfolk, Fourth for Britain!!!

Found by Pete Allard, late last night and still here again today at East end of Breydon Water from Rugby Club on South Wall. Use Asda carpark, then walk under bridge and up steps and along west side of A12 or turn west off A12 just south of bridge and use Rugby carpark NR31 0AY.

The first Great Knot was found in Shetland in 1989, then Cleveland in 1996, County Dublin 2004 and Lancashire in 2004.

Discussion: HERE.
Pictures on RBA by Will Soar here: HERE and HERE. Also on Surfbirds HERE

Unfortunately I felt so exhausted after my first day back at work and the medication I am taking leaves me shattered. I just couldn't physically or mentally drive 69 miles each way tonight. I will just have to hope that the bird stays and I feel more energetic another evening – very unlike me. I remember doing this drive after work to Breydon to see the last one (that was/wasn't). Good Luck to all those that are going and enjoy this mega bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment