SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 11 July 2014

The Weekend!

Back pain improved no end today. But I decided to be very sensible and not go where I was going to this evening. I have been so looking forward to watching 'Rough Copy' (X-Factor finalists) play at 'Festival Too' in King's Lynn this evening, but decided it would be too much. I was mainly going to photograph them, as they are going to be the next big band – remember I said this! Gutted I have missed out on seeing them, but didn't want to take any risks with my back pain – need to be fit for work next week. Last night of 'Festival Too' tomorrow, see the line up HERE.

It will be so brilliant to spend some time birding this weekend – I feel like I haven't been out for weeks. First job in the morning though is to get four new tyres fitted – they have lasted since I bought the car in March 2012 and I've done 24,500 miles. I am so impressed with this, that I am buying exactly the same tyres again – I lead such an exciting life!!!

I saw the Stilt Sandpiper at Burnham Norton in May 2005, so don't 'need' it for my list. But depending on time and how I feel, I may go over and see this bird at Hickling tomorrow, if its still there of course! I quite fancy going to Frampton too and also would like to witness the Spoonbill extravaganza at Cley! On the other hand, these tablets make me feel sleepy, so I will be more than probably have a lazy birding day!

Weather for the weekend:
Rain, Showers and Sunshine! You won't need your shorts or flip flops, more like hats and gloves with NW/NE winds blowing on the coast!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652856

No comments:

Post a Comment