Norfolk Bird News via 'Rare Bird Alert'
BLACK-WINGED PRATINCOLE at Stiffkey Fen all day, but flew high west just after 5.40pm.
Montagu's Harrier (probable) flew north over A149, Spoonbills x 8, Wood Sandpiper at Stiffkey Fen.
Great White Egret, Spoonbill at Swim Coots, Hickling Broad NWT.
Spotted Redshanks x 20 at Titchwell RSPB.
Wood Sandpiper, Spotted Redshank at Cley NWT.
TURTLE DOVES x 3 at Weeting Heath NWT.
TURTLE DOVE at Watton.
RED-BACKED SHRIKE Male again at North Dunes, Winterton.
• SCARCE TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY in garden at Hoveton yesterday.
• SCARCE TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY probable, near Holt on Tuesday.
• SCARCE TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY south of A149 Cromer road on A1082 Holway Road, Sheringham.
LESSER YELLOWLEGS, Glossy Ibis still at Frampton Marsh RSPB, Lincolnshire.
• SCARCE TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY on Monday, 3.5mls NE of Bardney at Chambers Farm Wood (photographed).
• LARGE TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY reported on Tuesday at Tata Steelworks, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire and again today (probable).
COLLARED PRATINCOLE remains at Minsmere RSPB, Suffolk.
None – but bird of the day:
BLACK-WINGED PRATINCOLE at Stiffkey Fen, Norfolk, until it flew high west just after 5.40pm.