SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 13 October 2021

SHETLAND TRIP – DAY 13: Still Recovering, Lazy Day!

Starlings feeding on the lawn at Whimbrel's Cottage
 

I'm still recovering from my night of photography! I felt so incredibly tired today. I woke up late, knowing that it was going to be lashing down with rain and guess what? It wasn't! The BBC got the forecast wrong entirely, in fact I don't think it rained all day and even the sun came out for a short while, otherwise it was a dull and overcast day with wind, but not as strong as they also forecast!

Watched the Starlings and House Sparrows feeding on the lawn, did some washing, cooked a proper meal, but apart from that I have nothing exciting to report today, apologies. To be honest though, this is the best place I have ever relaxed in – the views and the peace are wonderful for the soul and being here makes me realise that I have to be by the sea and not trapped in a housing estate. I can't afford to be live by the sea in Norfolk, but I can here!

Orcas have been seen around Unst today, I would be extremely grateful if they cruised a little further south! If not, I might have to visit Unst, which I was thinking about doing anyway next week. Spoke to Lucy and Vivien on the phone – Lucy had finally been to the hairdressers for the first time since Covid began and had her very long hair cut to shoulder length and poor Vivien was in the dentist's chair for an hour and a half!

Highly recommended!
SANDWICK BAKERY

1 comment: