SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 24 October 2021

SHETLAND TRIP – DAY 23: X-Rays at Hospital & Results!

SATURDAY 23rd OCTOBER

TYPING WITH ONE HAND!

BRUISING SO FAR .....

I had to get up before I wanted to this morning – I was extremely tired from yesterday's debacle and late night in A&E. All chores such as having a shower etc took far longer than normal. I had to phone my car insurer's, my travel insurers etc. Went for my X-ray at the Gilbert Bain Hospital at 12pm, which showed that apparently I didn't fracture my scaphoid in my left hand, but have soft tissue damage/bruising. I know that from when I had the exact same injury on my right hand, that I was told by a physio I work with, that not all scaphoid fractures show up on an X-ray, but either way its very painful. I was advised to wear the Futura splint that was provided last night, for three days and elevate/rest the limb – after this, to gently exercise and gradually return to gradual levels of activity. My sprained left ankle feels a bit better than it did yesterday, but still painful.

It took about three attempts to get the medical report printed out by staff at the hospital and this took far longer than the X-Ray. My surname was spelt 'Clarve' and then other things were missed off etc, but the staff were all lovely and very kind. I eventually left the hospital at around 4pm.

The result of yesterday's fall and diagnosis etc means there is no way I can drive my car for around nine hours after getting off the ferry. I then had to make contact with the travel insurer's to email them the Medical Report, Northlink to change my ferry booking, make contact with work to let them know I won't be returning to work on Wednesday, with the lady who's cottage I'm staying in to extend my stay and with my very kind neighbours to see if they can keep an eye on my house for longer than they expected. I was so tired, I didn't have the energy to do any tea this evening and promptly fell asleep.

I can't believe this has happened and its ruined the end of my fabulous trip here, but it is what it is and I do have a shocking accident record! So, I'm cottage bound in Levenwick for the next three days and then hopefully my injury will improve enough, to allow me to operate to a degree of normality and to head back south to Norfolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment