SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 11 January 2024

HOLIDAY BOOKED TO NORFOLK!

I didn't really have time to sort this with my imminent move, but I have annual leave I have to take before the end of March, otherwise I lose it and I had been planning to return to Norfolk to visit my sisters and friends, so decided I better sort something quickly. When I logged into Loganair last night, the flights from Sumburgh to Aberdeen + Aberdeen to Norwich, were the cheapest I have seen for a while. Each flight can be up around £350+ and the entire trip with islander discount came out at £409! Sounds alot, but trust me this is far less than it normally is! The closer you get to the dates, the more expensive and less choice there is. I have had some very kind offers of lovely people saying I could stay with them, but decided to be independent and found fairly cheap accommodation in the Market Place in King's Lynn – not somewhere I would choose to stay at all, but I will be within walking distance of Lucy's, if I decide not to hire a car, which I haven't yet. Meeting up with Vivien, Ray and Lucy the next day for lunch – can't wait!

I don't really want to take the ferry and drive for nine hours at this time of the year, even with my sparkly new Winter tyres. I don't want to give dates away on my public blog, but I have booked 11 days in March. Anyone that needs to know dates will know when! I have already arranged a meet up with my lovely ex work colleagues – any of you reading this, just ask Hilary Palmer for date, time and place – all welcome from West Raynham Ward and Rehab etc!

I might decide to book a car for a few days or the entire 11 days, don't know yet. If not I will be taking the Coastliner bus to visit close family friend Malcolm, my lovely ex neighbours Anne and Lewis, to visit HBO and pay my respect to parents, Titchwell RSPB and Cley, Salthouse and John's hill 😉. Looking forward to meeting up with my favourite birding friends – you know who you are: E, J, and P and others of course! 😊 💖 The majority of my trip will obviously be spent with my sisters though. I will fine tune my trip after I have moved next week.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very busy time ahead of you, enjoy and take care xx

    ReplyDelete