SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 27 January 2024

MY BIRTHDAY!


Birthday and New Home cards
Thank you very much to everyone, who so kindly sent me a card 💖

 

Its been a busy and rainy birthday!

Margaret and Alastair (previous owners) very kindly popped up with a very pretty "New Home" card, a beautiful bunch of flowers and some of Margaret's scrumptious sweet oatcakes! They have to be the best oatcakes you'll ever have, I need to get the recipe from her. They are such a lovely couple – Alastair remarked in a calm voice "you have a lot of stuff" 😂

John F. sent a birthday card via email which was all very strange, as he had only sent the same card as Vivien and Ray (first card on left in top picture)!!! Along with a very touching poem in relation to the Ivory Gull at Holme and a copy of my mother's article "Ivory Gull Wanderer From The High Arctic", thank you so much John.

I ran down the hill to catch the 10.38am bus, but missed the stop and flagged the bus down on route to the next stop. In Lerwick I headed straight to "A One Flooring" and spent ages choosing the only two carpets I liked, to find that they are more than probably discontinued, but the owner said he would find this out and get back to me on Monday. Went to A C Paintshop and bought some satin wood paint in "Brilliant White" and "Tropic Lagoon"

Had a lovely lunch at The Olive Tree cafe by myself until a lovely couple joined me at my table, Charles and Diana (seriously!) from Bigton – it was so lovely chatting with them and made my lunch more birthday like. I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. I couldn't find any black coat hooks anywhere or a large and sturdy outside mat – its good to buy local, but I may have to buy on-line now. I ended up at Frank Williamsons shop, where I bumped into Rebecca Nason, who offered me a lift home, rather than catching the bus, which was very kind of her indeed. Back at mine, I gave Rebecca a quick tour of the house before she headed for home. Rebecca listed some of the birds she had seen close by to my house including Rufous Turtle Dove, Bonelli's Warbler and Long-eared Owls etc!

Marilyn and Margaret's flowers together in new vase!

 

Chatted with Vivien, Ray and Lucy this evening. I had a very unexpected surprise of a parcel, which was the third and final cup in a set of gorgeous Dunoon cups, which Vivien and Ray had bought and sent to me via Amazon as a Home Warming present, thank you both 💝 xx. They had already bought me the first two for my birthday. Too tired to do anything much. Tomorrow will be the first morning I don't have to set the alarm – I can't wait! Good night!

1 comment: