SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 26 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 

Iceland Gull at Dalsetter, Boddam. Glaucous Gull at Mairs Quay, Gremista, Lerwick. Glaucous Gull at Loch of Melby. Kumlien's Gull, Iceland Gulls x 5, Glaucous Gull at Uyeasound, Unst. Black-throated Diver at Gutcher, Yell

https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings.

I could have slept all day, but I had builders and an electrician coming over at 8.30am, two to start doing some work for me straight away and one to give me a quote – all very exciting! The new office/store room has a first coat of paint already, rubber seal replaced at front door (where water was coming in), one of the shed doors that didn't lock now does, washing machine plumbed in, plus a few odd jobs. Second coat and gloss being done next week, coat hooks being put up in front porch and hallway and shelves being put in the small wardrobe in office/store room. This is all weird to me as I have never paid anyone to do any jobs for me in my entire life, the most I've done is pay someone to put in and dismantle an oven and a washing machine!

Jill and Rob popped in to visit me afternoon, as Rob had not seen my little house yet, it was lovely having my first guests here! Jill had a good long chuckle, which amused me, when she saw how much of my stuff was filling up the dining room area – there is a lot to sort out! Whilst we were chatting over coffee, post arrived and I had tear jerking surprise! Marilyn F. who used to live in Holme and was very good friends with my parents and has continued to keep in contact with me and has been for supportive and kind, sent me some magenta pink orchids from "Bunches" as a home warming gift!!! I was overwhelmed, this is only the second time I have ever been posted flowers, it was so lovely and so very kind of her – Marilyn also sent me a birthday card and New Home card. Also received Pete S.'s birthday card too, I'm doing well this year! Also had one of John F.'s best EVER poems sent and in MP3 format to listen to!

Orchids very kindly sent from Marilyn
 

Tomorrow (on my birthday) I have to catch the bus to Lerwick to choose and buy the gloss paint for window surrounds and skirting – I'm going for a beach theme! The office/store room is the only room in the cottage that I am creating a modern look to – the rest has to stay with the cottage look and in any case I like to have a different story in every room, which doesn't follow the rules, but I don't like to follow rules that I don't have to! I need to get a sand coloured carpet chosen and ordered, get some coat hooks etc. I expect I will be having birthday lunch out somewhere too! 🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment