SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 8 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Little Auks x 8 off Sumburgh Head. Glaucous Gull at South Nesting Bay. Iceland Gulls x 2 at Cullivoe, Yell.

https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings

 
Exhausting evening. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! 🤣😭

I decided to go with a home insurance provider (got quote for yesterday) for buildings only, as this provider covered my new type of roof, but not the photography gear and then to go back to Sheila's Wheels to continue with contents only, to cover the photography gear.

Phoned Sheila's Wheels, which took almost an hour in a queue (who I just cancelled a few days ago, as they won't cover my new type of roof) to ask them if I could uncancel, to continue with the contents cover, which they wouldn't do and said I had to apply on line, fair enough, I cancelled it! So, I applied on line, but there was a statement on their website saying:

Looking for a new quote?

We’re working on creating a great new online experience for our customers at the moment, which unfortunately means you can’t currently get a quote from us. Please do pop back the next time you’re looking for home insurance.

????!!!!! So I phoned them back to point this out and they apologised and said they can't do the quote over the phone currently and the only way I could do this was to input my details into a comparison site😬😫😠

So, I did, which took forever to do with listing all my camera gear etc and did Sheila's Wheels come up in the list? NO!!!!!

LOST BUSINESS SHEILA'S WHEELS!!!

I then phoned Churchill on recommendation of my friend Malcolm and they would have covered the roof, but would only pay out £2,000 in total for photography gear in the back of a boot of an unattended car.

Will have a re-think tomorrow evening after work!

Sorted electric provider, well I think I have, but I can tell that's not going to be easy, as its with OVO (currently in property) having a Economy 10 metre and Octopus (who I am going with) only do a Economy 7 metre. There are only three readings on the metres I was told, but Octopus said there are four! 🤣 and other stuff I don't have the energy to go in to!

Will I ever be moving house again? NO

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried NFU for insurance? They are used to doing unusual buildings

    ReplyDelete