SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 17 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

 Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
 Beluga Whale  off West Ayre, Hillswick. Tundra Bean Goose at Pool of Virkie. Bittern flew over Tronda, towards Scalloway.

https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings

Further snow overnight, not a chance of getting my car out of the road. Swept all the snow off the car this afternoon, which simply made the 2ft+ snow around it approximately 3ft, don't why I bothered!! Understandably, the gritting lorries have not got the time to do side roads at the moment.

Completion day tomorrow, but seller's solicitors are even trying to cock that up with something they have found with less than half a day to go – something THEY should have picked up on weeks ago, not suddenly find this with only a few hours to completion. Harper Macleod in Glasgow really are utterly pants. Emailed my solicitor this evening and asked her to sort them out asap. Even if tomorrow does happen, I can't get out to go and pick up the keys and read the metres anyway!!!

Ian Reid told me they will check out the route tomorrow from my door to new house, but they think it is unlikely they will be able to move me on Friday, but they will update me tomorrow morning and if they can't, they are thinking about moving me on Monday, which means I will now have work on my normal day off (Friday) in order to have a day off to move next week! The weather on Monday looks just as bad!

Alot of frustrated people in Shetland today, not seeing the Beluga Whale up north at Hillswick, as most of us can't get out and roads too dangerous anyway! Never seen one of these, how awesome that would be! Hope it enjoys itself here and hangs around until the snow has gone!!!  Very, very cold here this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Cheer up, once the snow has gone you'll be moved into your forever home, then it will be Spring, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete